Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 1 Complete!

Good news! I've officially made it one week without sugary drinks and sweets!! Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back if you too have completed the challenge thus far.


Today was a tough day in the challenge. I was in professional development meetings all day, and they kept throwing sugar in my face. For the morning breakfast all they supplied were donuts! Ugh. I did manage to find half of an uneaten bagel laying around. Needless to say, by lunchtime I was starving! Why do they ALWAYS provide donuts for teachers? I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy donuts, after all I had a donut wedding cake. But other options would be nice, like maybe some fruit and yogart.


On the plus side, only one more week of this challenge! I'm thinking once it's over though, I will still limit myself. Perhaps one dessert a week or only on special occasions. Here's to making healthier choices.


It's never too late to join the no sugar challenge. You would only have to survive a single week. Don't forget to leave an encouraging comment or suggestion. I'd love to hear how you're doing!




P.S. New poetry coming soon! Poet L hasn't forgotten her poetry lovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Please call pinit.js only once per page -->