Sunday, May 25, 2014

Nature's Memorial

This Memorial Day I think back to a quote written by an anonymous person, "the real heroes are the ones whose name we wear on our wrists." For me that person is my cousin, LCpl Nathan Ross Elrod. He paid the ultimate sacrifice and died serving our country on October 21st 2006. He is my hero and I will never forget him!

The poem below is a nonet, which is a nine line poem. The first line has nine syllables, second line eight, and so on. Hope you enjoy it and get to spend time with your family this weekend!







Nature’s Memorial:

Golden sunrise lights white tombstones as
red, white, and blue proudly unfurls
over the courageous dead.
On solemn ground green blades
of grass stand straighter.
Stones etch valor.
Trees salute.
Flowers
weep.

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
HCZ8-3IJX-ZEMH-ADKX

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Please call pinit.js only once per page -->